Lake management firms, prior to spraying, doing pest control or other operations on a lake, often need to send abutter's notices and neighbor notifications. With Mailform, this has never been easier. We make it easy to send, track and retrieve proof of tracking and delivery so you can stay compliant with state, local and other regulations in the course of business. Our services include USPS First Class mail (eg for pre-notifications) USPS Certified Mail where necessary, and FedEx Standard Overnight for urgent cases. Here's how it works:
- Upload your abutter's notices
- Upload your list of abutters addresses in a spreadsheet. For more details, check out the how-to video below.
- Enter your business return address for returned mail
- Select the mailing option. Certified Mail is most preferred, but some states permit mail sent via USPS First Class mail as well.
- Hit send. Once complete, we'll notify you when the notices are out for delivery, and provide you a list of USPS Tracking numbers for each document
For this, you'll be using Mailform's bulk business mail service. Here's step by step instructions:
There are several reasons to send an abutter's notification, including:
- Changes to wetlands
- Lake spraying
- Property demolition
- Forestry changes
If you're engaging in any of these activities, be sure to check the local rules to ensure you're sending the appropriate notifications. Many towns, cities, and municipalities (particularly within Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont) have requirements for abutter's notifications. Below, we've listed those towns (as best we can) and linked to the abutter's notifications directly. You can also grab the documents directly here: