Mailform is the ideal solution for Bulk Letter Sending
Many businesses need to send bulk mail via the USPS from time to time. Only a few businesses need to send bulk certified mail, and there are not a lot of good tools for them. In fact, there are few good tools for Bulk Letter Sending, and Mailform is one of them. We built Mailform to solve this problem - we make it super easy to send bulk mail to as many people as you want, and to get tracking numbers for all of them in the process. Here's how to send Bulk Certified Mail via the USPS:
- Sign up for Mailform. Your account lets you track your orders and history.
- Upload all the documents and PDFs you want to send via USPS Bulk Certified Mail.
- Enter all the addresses for recipients. You can also upload a CSV of all the addresses.
- Select the 'USPS Certified Mail' option for all the applicable documents
- And that's it!
Here's a video showing how to send Bulk Certified Mail
Mailform's Bulk Certified Mail Service is perfect for many use cases. Some of these use cases include:
How to send a Notification to Abutters via Bulk USPS Certified Mail
What is a notification to abutters?
There are several states that require, when any major work is being done (of a certain type, depending on the State) that any "abutters" or neighbors to the site where the work is being done, get notified via USPS Certified Mail. Many states in New England (Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts) and some counties in other states require this. One prominent example of this is the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act: under this act, effective October 24, 2014, administered by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, entities doing work in protected areas must a) be properly permitted, and b) follow appropriate notification guidelines regarding the work they are doing. For example, a company spraying a lake for fauna control, would have to send notifications via USPS Certified Mail. In the process of complying with the wetlands protection act, there are several actions that require Certified Mail, often with return receipts:
10.04 Definitions - Agriculture (b)(14)(d)
"the person claiming the exemption shall submit by certified mail or hand delivery at the same time to the conservation commission and the appropriate DEM Regional Office not less than ten days prior to the commencement of the activity, a copy of the Forest Cutting Plan that describes the proposed cutting and removal of trees and any activity within resource areas or the Buffer Zone. The conservation commission shall have the opportunity to comment to DEM on the plan;"
10.05 (3) Determinations of Applicability. (a) Requests for Determination of Applicability
1. Any person who desires a determination as to whether M.G.L. c. 131, § 40 applies to land, or to work that may affect an Area Subject to Protection under M.G.L. c. 131, § 40, may submit to the conservation commission by certified mail or hand delivery a Request for a Determination of Applicability, Form 1.
For work within riverfront areas, an applicant may submit to the conservation commission by certified mail or hand delivery a Request for Determination of Applicability to identify the scope of alternatives to be evaluated under 310 CMR 10.58(4)(c)2., including sufficient information to enable the conservation commission to determine the applicable scope.
10.05 (3) Determinations of Applicability. (b) Determination of Applicability
Said determination shall be signed by a majority of the conservation commission, and copies thereof shall be sent by the conservation commission to the Department, to the person making the request, and to the owner. Delivery of the copy to the person making the request shall be by hand delivery or certified mail, return receipt requested.
10.05 (4) Notices of Intent (a)
Two copies of the completed Notice of Intent with supporting plans and documents shall be sent by certified mail or hand delivery to the conservation commission, and one copy of the same shall be sent concurrently in like manner to the Department.
The applicant shall provide written notification to all Abutters required to be notified by hand delivery or certified mail, return receipt requested, or by certificates of mailing. Mailing at least seven days prior to the public hearing shall constitute timely notice. The applicant shall present either the certified mail receipts or certificate of mailing receipts for all Abutters at the beginning of the public hearing. The presentation of the receipts for all abutters required to be notified as identified on the tax list shall constitute compliance with Abutter notification requirements.
10.05 (6) Orders of Conditions Regulating Work and Orders of Resource Area Delineation. (e)
The Order or Notification of Non-significance shall be signed by a majority of the conservation commission and shall be mailed by certified mail (return receipt requested) or hand delivered to the applicant or his or her agent or attorney, and a copy mailed or hand delivered at the same time to the Department.
10.05 (7) Requests for Actions by the Department (Appeals). (c)
A request for a Superseding Order or Determination shall be made in writing and shall be sent by certified mail or hand delivered within ten days of issuance of the Order, Determination or Notification which is being appealed. When the basis of such request is the conservation commission's failure to act, the request may be made at any time up to 70 days after the expiration of the period within which the conservation commission was to have acted.
10.05 (7) Requests for Actions by the Department (Appeals). (d)
All requests for the Department to act shall be sent to the appropriate Regional Office of the Department. A copy of the request shall at the same time be sent by certified mail or hand delivered to the conservation commission and the applicant, if he is not the appellant.
10.05 (7) Requests for Actions by the Department (Appeals). (j) Administrative Hearings (2) Appeal Notice
The Appeal Notice must be filed with the Department with a copy sent to the appropriate regional Department office by certified mail or hand delivered within ten days after the date of issuance of the Reviewable Decision, and a copy thereof must at the same time be sent by certified mail or hand delivered to the conservation commission (if not filed by the conservation commission) and to the applicant (if not filed by the applicant). The Appeal Notice shall also be served by certified mail or hand delivered on any person that requested the action by the Department that resulted in the Reviewable Decision.
10.05 (10) Variance (b) Procedure (3)
The request for a variance shall be sent to the Department by certified mail or hand delivered and a copy thereof shall at the same time be sent by certified mail or hand delivered to the conservation commission and any other parties.
How to send W2 Forms to Employees via Bulk USPS Certified Mail
Federal law requires employers to send their employees W-2 forms/statements, regardless of their size of earnings or wages. These W-2 statements can be sent in either paper or digital form and must be received by employees no later than January 31 of the following year. Employers must also file a copy of employee W-2s with the IRS. To ensure that the employees recieve their W2 statements prior to January 31 of the year, some employers use USPS Certified Mail, which comes with delivery confirmation and tracking numbers.
There are penalties for failing to comply with this IRS requirement. As of 2018:
- you can be fined between $50 and $260 per form, depending on how late your mailing is
- the maximum financial penalty in a given tax year is between $187,500 and $1,072,500 for a small business
To send your W2 Statements via USPS Certified Mail using mailform, follow the steps outlined above. In the csv of employee names and addresses, you should add a final column, which will include the filename of each specific w2 for each employee. That way, we'll automatically attach each file to the correct employee address!
Other reasons to send Bulk Certified Mail
There are several other reasons to send bulk USPS Certified Mail, including:
- Class Action Settlement Notices: very often for class action lawsuits or mass mediation/arbitration cases, you can be required to send certified mail to affected parties. Mailform is ideal and perfect for this.
- Medical Recall Notices: Very often when notifying customers about recalling medical devices, you'll have to show that the affected parties received the notifications.
- Product Recall Notifications: Similar to medical recalls, just for non medical purposes - bulk certified mail is perfect for this.
- Demolition Notifications and Notices: Many cities and municipalities require those involved in the demolition of a building to notify all the neighbors. This is a standard use case for bulk certified mail.
- Employment Related Documents: W2 Forms, Paycheck Stubs, tax notices and more
- Late Notices and Past Due Invoices: easily send late payment notices via bulk certified mail if you want to ensure that it's been seen and received (with the tracking number)
- For Landlords: Notice to Vacate - certain cities and municipalities require notice to vacate letters or eviction notices to be sent via certified mail.
For all these types of mail, you'll assurance that the documents/notices were delivered, as well as a tracking number that can assist with any audits going forward. If you have questions about the process, or your sending lots of bulk Certified Mail, please email email@example.com for a bulk discount, and we'll help you get the process done smoothly!!